Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Behind the Desk


Welcome to Episode 1 of Upstate Unmuted. A little background. My name is Andy Adamson and I'm a five year sportscasting vet. The last three of those years were spent as a television sports anchor in upstate New York in Binghamton and Rochester. I've done it all in the world of sports broadcasting at five different TV stations. Between anchoring, hosting, editing, filming, writing, and producing, I've become pretty well rounded at my craft. I've been lucky enough to interview the likes of Steve Yzerman and Jeff Gordon and cover Nascar races, professional golf events, NFL training camps. Hopefully I'll get the chance to continue living the dream in the future.



I'm between contracts right now, so instead of just sitting around and playing Assassins Creed and fantasy baseball all day, I've decided to start a new blog dedicated to sports, entertainment, and life in general.

This is my fourth crack at a blog. My first was one of those stupid live journals in high school. Way too many TMI moments. Didn't do my dating life any favors. While serving as the Sports Director for the Fox affiliate in Binghamton from 2007-2010, I managed a high school football blog that maybe 15 locals read. During that same span, a few of my college friends and I teamed up for a separate sports blog. It was when sports blogs were really exploding on the internet with The Big Lead and Deadspin gaining major readership around the country among the 18-36 male demo. We thought we could grab a piece of the pie, but when we didn't get the audience we were hoping for, the fun kind of faded.

I'm attacking Upstate Unmuted in a different way. I'm not coming in trying to get 10,000 hits. Instead, I'm doing this to keep my writing skills intact and my mind sharp. Hopefully I don't make too much of a fool of myself in the process. My goal is to post between five and 10 times a week. Let the experiment begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment